Today’s Thoughts from Park City Family Office: Tuesday, March 31st 2020
- On the last day of Q1 2020, we witnessed the markets rally for the better part of the session, but ultimately ended down. Often we see the markets resolve ambiguities with lower valuations.
- Large & small businesses, as well as non-profits continue to furlough employees, bracing for uncertainty, debating the need for handbrakes or “break glass” moves to preserve liquidity.
- April 1st will be sobering as consumers and commercial business decide who should or will foot the bill.
- Incredible unknowns remain regarding the magnitude and duration of economic disruption and the need for bailout package(s?) that potentially lead to quantum growth in the national deficit.
- Yet above the din you can hear Americans doing what we do best. It is humbling to watch our major corporations and individuals jump into the breach to do the right thing. We can’t help but feel inspired by those rising to the occasion for the greater good- see Medtronic releasing their ventilator patents and Tesla quickly picking up the road map to help in the fight!